Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Madrid Metro Failure

The very fabric of time and faith has crumbled around me. Nothing has meaning anymore. The Madrid Metro, the last redeeming factor of the public transportation system, has failed me.

Line 2 (red) is closed for the rest of August due to maintenance. I use Line 2 to get to Sol, the left chamber of Madrid's heart. It, like the colour assigned to it, is the lifeblood of my transportation needs, it is the way I get to the Centre. Now no more this shall be.

To look on the bright side, my commutes will now be full of many colours. In order to get to the Centre now, I'll have to take Line 9 (purple) to Line 6 (grey) and then to Line 1 (light blue). I really dislike Line 6 because it always takes a good 6 minutes for my train to come, and in general it is a hassle to change trains.

Perhaps I have misled myself for the past two and a half months and the Circania trains are really the last bastion of hope for Madrid public transportation. However, I don't have a use for the trains because I don't live in an out-of-the-way place like Getafe.

What the map looks like. Red is no longer an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment