Saturday, July 24, 2010

Update on the Madrid Metro Strikes

As far as I am concerned, there are no more Metro strikes, and the Madrid metro is running just as it should. The trains are on time, and they run frequently. The longest amount of time I’ve had to wait for a train is about three minutes during the week, five minutes during the weekend. Now the rest of us can get back to our lives with a smoothly running metro – at least until the 29th of September when there’s supposed to be another strike by public service unions. I’m not sure if that means all transportation trade unions, or trade unions such as teachers. Regardless, I will be long out of Spain; incidentally, I’ll be celebrating my birthday in Scotland on that day!

The reason why I have posted the update on the metro is because I’ve been checking my statistics, and the most-viewed post I have so far was "More Inflammatory Remarks About the Public Transportation System in Madrid (Among Other Things)" of July 3, 2010. I think that was due to the fact that I had a title that search engines would be likely to pick up, and some information that people wanted to know. I even had someone from Map Magazine comment on my subsequent post “The Madrid Metro Strike Continues” of July 5, 2010, and I am doing exactly what they want me to by referencing them here.

I’m going to be posting information which is a little more useful to people coming to Madrid because I want more readers. Hopefully, they’ll stumble across my blog for the information and then be caught by my enchanting writing style and wry commentary on Spanish life.

That’s how it would go in an ideal world, anyway. I’m probably driving them away by the hordes with my parochial style and confusing logic. For all of you who have gotten to the end of this paragraph, you have my gratitude. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment