Friday, September 21, 2012

The World Tilts...

... and I continue to wait, getting up and checking my professional email only to find an inbox full of read messages. Confirmations that my email, resume attached, has been received for a job they've probably already filled but haven't bothered taking down from the internet.

The two-week anniversary been reached for some of these applications. Today is when I get to start pestering some of the HR departments to ask if they've had a chance to read my application package.

This is posted in irony. It's also a wonderful picture by Bryan Konietzko, co-creator of the "Avatar: The Last Airbender" series, which you should watch and whose merchandise you should buy.

I have this cat, a timid little siamese-esque thing in gray-on-white. She has blue eyes that stare at you, but they don't quite seem to see you. Or, they see you and something else just over your shoulder. She meows loudly and plays energetically, but only when she thinks no one is around. Putting her paws on the front window, she'll stare outside all day, craning to get a better look at the world. And at night, she'll sit in front of the entryway window and look at the moon. She's so little against that window, and so distant, gazing at things that only she can see.

I wonder what she sees; it's obvious she sees more than the rest of us with her sky-like eyes. I wonder if she thinks she'll ever get where she wants to go, of if just looking is enough. I wonder how much I am like the blue-eyed cat, gazing at things.


No comments:

Post a Comment