Tuesday, October 19, 2010

You'd Think This Were a Tumble Blog

The last week has been a little hectic, but I did go on a wonderful family visit to Shap just over the river from the Lake District over the weekend. Pictures will be coming soon!

To make up for my lack of writing, I have been posting quotes, which is something that I associate with being unable to come up with my own material and Tumble Blogs - sorry Jeff. But aha, no more! You shall not find me mouthing another novelist or poet (at least not for the next few days) - other people will want to mouth me (after this full-stop).

Most of my time this week has been consumed with reading Magnus Merriman, a nigh-impossible book to find in Edinburgh right now, and then writing some work that is due for class in the next couple of days. Trust me, what I have been doing over the past couple of days has not been notable - although today I did go to the fourth floor of the Main Library early enough to snag a seat next to the window, which meant that I was looking out across the Meadows and towards the southeast of Edinburgh's skyline. What I saw filled me with great joy; close-knit stone buildings with empty chimneys peeping above the rooftops, treetops silent and still green-and-yellow despite the mid-October air, church spires scraping the gray Edinburgh sky, and a few shoulders of hills rounding in the faraway distance.

The other places to study on campus - especially the computer labs - are so depressing and in basements.

Gratuitous pictures! I will post more on my weekend; I really, really want to write about my impressions while going on some of the walks, but I do not have the time now.





An un-drunk cup of tea, left to colden in its round false-porcelain mug with a spoon politely perched atop its mouth, is a lonely thing. The loneliest thing.

2 comments: